I know everyone says this but – I can’t believe how fast time is going. It seems like just last month I was celebrating New Year’s Eve at a 24 hour breakfast place. I’m so lucky to be pretty happy in all aspects of my life, but there’s always room for improvement. My August goals happen to be about living more how I want to, doing the things I want to, doing things my way.
- Keep using guided meditations. Ever since May I’ve been using the app Calm almost every day. There’s so many categories of relaxation on there and the times are awesome, it goes from 1 minute to 8 hours. I always love Relax with Andrew Johnson, but those are for some serious moments when I need to relax. Calm has a “streak” calendar which motivates me to use it every day, and I have been! I think my goal for this month will be to do a 31 day streak through this month.
- Get outside. I try to get outside every day and but I need to make sure I’m spending as much time outside as I can before temperatures drop. I’ve been killing two birds with one stone by reading outside a lot lately.
- Finish another book. I finished the Perks of Being a Wallflower last month and it’s definitely one of my favorite books. As far as I can remember, it’s a lot more complex than the movie and so beautifully written. I’m not going to lie to you I shed quite a few tears in the last 20 pages. Personally I felt like I could relate in parts. Now, I’m reading Really Professional Internet Person by Jennifer McAllister. It’s about her entire YouTube experience from the very beginning. I’m really enjoying it and will probably finish it before I realize how far I am. I love reading about “internet people”‘s experiences because loosely, I am an internet person. Most “internet people” will relate to most chapters in that book, written with a lot of personality.
- Minimalism. I’ve decided to completely take stock of my life and purge anything that I don’t need and doesn’t bring me joy (KonMari method coming into play). Starting with my clothes and moving on to everything in my room, everything in my beauty drawers and my shower. Nothing brings me more joy than getting rid of unwanted things (it sounds like I have no heart I promise I do) and being happy with a smaller amount of things.
- Post 4-5 times a week. I must admit that the original goal was 5 times a week but I must allow myself to slip up. Of course I will try to post 5 times a week this month (Monday-Friday) but I won’t beat myself up for missing a day.
- Finally start listening to podcasts. It’s called the Lively Show. This episode talks about why Caroline from Unfancy took a 6 month break from blogging, and I remembered how much I love her blog. She’s talking about how she never blogged for the numbers and I must admit that we all need that reminder every once in a while. I listened to Anna’s episode today and loved it, Jess is a great host.
What are your goals this August? Leave a comment so we can chat!