Mascara is one of the first beauty products a lot of girls start wearing and these are my top 10 mascara tips, tricks, and fun facts, because who doesn’t love a good fun fact.
- Maybelline was the first brand to make mascara, there was a girl named Maybel and she put vaseline on her eyelashes to make them look longer and darker. Her brother started manufacturing Maybelline mascara in 1914.
- My favorite mascara brand is Maybelline and the MegaPlush is one of my favorites but I have a quest to try them all, if I can keep up with all the new releases.
- Waterproof mascaras can dry out your lashes so I recommend swiping on some castor oil or vaseline every night to keep them healthy if you insist on waterproof. I use regular every day but if I know I am going to be going to a sad movie, the pool, the beach or places like that, I wear a waterproof.
- Hold your upper lid up so the waterline is about a millimeter or two away from your eyeball to get the mascara wand as close to the roots as possible.
- Putting castor oil on your lashes nightly with a clean spooly brush will keep them healthy. Also applying vaseline (I just use my fingertip) to your lashes to keep them lush.
- If you want your mascara to stay all day long, try a primer to prepare your eyelashes for the mascara.
- If you only use waterproof mascara once in a while, try a waterproof mascara top coat. It seals the mascara on your lashes and creates a barrier against water so you can use your favorite washable formula without worrying you’ll have black mascara running down your cheeks.
- To prevent clumps and make your lashes look oh-so thick and lucious, wiggle the brush at the roots of your lashes then continue up to the tips.
- Never pump your mascara wand in and out of the tube because it brings in bacteria and dries it out much faster.
- If you have blonde or light eyelashes, make sure to use mascara but if you feel like black is too harsh, try brown or brown/black. They give a defined, gorgeous look without the severity.